UNITED CAPS has more than 20 years of experience in the design, development and production of plastic caps and closures to meet the highly specific needs of pharmaceutical packaging. Our all-encompassing solutions comprise the closure, combined with relevant services and technical support. Closures can be manufactured in 100,000 class (ISO Class 8) clean room facilities, if required.
For products that call for highly regulated dosage or are not suitable for children, we offer a dedicated selection of child resistant closures (CRC) to help ensure they remain secure in domestic settings. These are available in a choice of diameters and colours, and combine child resistance with tamper evidence (TE). Every UNITED CAPS solution for reclosable packaging meets all local legal requirements and fits most filling systems. Our CRC solutions can be combined with induction heat seal liners as well as standard foam, barrier and venting liners, and are ideal for polyethylene (PE), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), co-extrusion (EVPE) and fluorinated PE bottles.
Our advanced range of 28mm closures for the pharmaceutical sector has truly set us apart in the market. Using the Fullytop® tamper evident band, they offer easy application on glass, PET, PE and Polypropylene (PP) bottles. Featuring both tamper evident and child resistant options, these closures combine exceptional technology with outstanding functionality. The innovative ‘push&turn’ opening system makes an audible click as a warning of attempted opening, potentially by a child.
- Standard external dimensions, meaning no adaption of capping lines and offering the benefits of dual sourcing
- A corrugated and flexible TE band that facilitates application using low screwing torque
- Fine TE band bridges which are easy to break, making opening easier for the end user
- A drop band that leads to a clear space between the cap and TE band on first opening; it is easy to see if the product has been tampered with and ensures it cannot be returned once opened.
- The most convenient ‘press&turn’ CRC system that also offers an audible alert thanks to the clicking sound the closure makes
- The possibility to include a clear pictogram to illustrate how the container can be opened. This means the same cap can be used for different market segments
- Compliance with international standards as a result of our ISO certification
Our products are used for the complete range of pharmaceutical products, including syrups, vitamins, tablets and more.
We understand your business
PP28 Pharma closures provide tangible evidence of our commitment to continually design advanced solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. UNITED CAPS invests heavily in research and development (R&D) to innovate and provide ever more advanced closures.
Contact us to discuss how our solutions can meet the specific needs of your existing and forthcoming products.
Customers who already benefit from our innovative offerings for this sector include: Abbott, Bayer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Helsinn, Merck, Pfizer, Schering-Plough and Wyeth.