We are seeking to support the development of our plant in Greystones - Ireland with the appointment of a :
Moulding Technician (F/M)
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Moulding Technician will be responsible for the tasks listed (non-exhaustive list) below :
- Responsible for full mould change, process and peripheral setup, line clearance and handover to production.
- Responsible for insert and logo changes with mould in machine or out of machine.
- Responsible for mould repair and exchange of damaged or woren parts within the mould.
- Responsible for the injection moulding process, generation and control of mould setting sheets.
- Maintain production and maintenance records for moulds both in and out of production.
- Liaising with Maintenance, logistics, Production and Quality on a daily basis.
- Assist Production Manager in maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Mould trials at Mould makers and in-house, mould set-up, qualification runs and handover to production.
- Assist with the design and debugging of new systems, moulding and automation.
- Perform designed experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced cycle and efficient set-ups.
- Troubleshooting injection moulding machines, moulds, peripherals to improve performance.
- Dismantled, cleaning and reassembly of moulds and moulding machines (machine screw, nozzle filters,etc).
- Mould preventative maintenance in and out of the machine.
- Perform colour changes, colour sampling and material trials.
- Troubleshooting ancillary equipment to maintain production.
- Endeavour to abide to UNITED CAPS Polices including Environmental, Hygiene and Quality.
- Strictly adhere to all UNITED CAPS Hygiene code of practice in relation to Gowning up and Zonal Procedures.
- Ensure work area is clean, tidy and free of spillage of Material, Masterbatch, Oil and Water.
- Assist with the Ro-ber. (Automated pallet packing system).
- Diploma in Polymer or Mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in a high volume moulding environment
- Familiar with process set up and validation
- Safety and hygiene / cleanliness (BRC-knowledge Iop)
- Technical understanding of injection moulding production process.
- Windows applications.
If you are interested, please send your CV + a short cover letter at email@example.com (including salary expectations / availability – notice period).