We are seeking to support the development of our plant in Greystones - Ireland with the appointment of a :
Maintenance Technician (F/M)
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the tasks listed (non-exhaustive list) below :
- Must be able to work safely and consider the safety of others in the workplace at all times
- Perform routine and emergency mechanical, hydraulic/pneumatic and electrical maintenance (+ preventative maintenance inspections)
- Troubleshoot all plant equipment and prescribe required maintenance to assure satisfactory operation with minimum downtime
- Work from drawings, prints, diagrams and manufacturers' printed instructions to trouble shoot and locate mechanical, hydraulic and electrical problems in functional and control systems such as PLC
- Repair and rebuild robotics and other automated equipment
- Fabricate new equipment or supplemental pieces when needed by using tooling machines
- Perform injection unit and clamp-end calibrations using prescribed equipment
- Where applicable train and supervise other maintenance personnel
- Add options to production equipment in order to enhance capability. Installation of new equipment and electrical service
- Perform facility maintenance as required to ensure that all building systems are maintained. Maintain service records for all major equipment.
- Creation of PM plans for plant and equipment
- Responsible for recordkeeping related to PM schedule and work orders
- Observe all safety requirements and maintain work area
- Minimum certification level in engineering/automation or mechanical fitter qualification.
- Knowledge of injection molding processes
- PLC and robotic programming and have a good knowledge of auxiliary equipment involved in injection molding.
- Must understand hydraulic circuits as applied to injection molding machines.
- Maintenance of records and reporting
- General knowledge of plastic materials and processes, mold design and operation.
- Strong mechanical skills required.
- Initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
If you are interested, please send your CV + a short cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org (including salary expectations / availability – notice period).